Sunday, April 28, 2013

סופגניה!!!



Shalom shalom! 

I feel like it's been a loooooong time since I last posted. I've actually stopped drinking my morning tea (chai) - it's my 5th day being caffeine-free. You would think (just as I had) that Indian tea is not that strong but I guess it is - after all, it simmers on the stove for at least 10 minutes. Anyway, let me tell you, it's not been easy at all. Last week, I found it really hard to stay awake in the afternoon, at work! In the morning, it takes me a while to be able to function. And, to top it all off, I can't sleep more than a few hours at night! Hopefully, I'll be back to normal soon, else I'm gonna start believing that being on caffeine is much healthier - at least it is for my brain! LOL

Enough of my blabbering about caffeine withdrawal. Now, to get back to this post. I was walking around today (hot, yet gorgeous day) and I found a bakery that sells sufganiyot...that's right, SUFGANIYOT!!! For those of you who don't know, sufganiyah (plural sufganiyot) are deep-fried doughnuts with some sort of filling in the center. For those of you who know me, Hannukah is probably my favorite time of year, the time that I try to get to Israel and it's just because it's the only time of year I get to eat sufganiyot! So, you can only imagine how thrilled I was to find this bakery that sells these year-round. I had to confirm thrice to believe that they actually sold it year round...LOL! 

Here's a photo I took right before eating it:




My senses were so pleased! 

And to go with this, here is one of my creations. I know it's not Hannukah (or Diwali) yet, but hey, I had a sufganiyah...so why not? 


I'm entering this into the Anything Goes challenge over at Simon Says Stamp. 


Oh I love being here...goodness everywhere! 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful calendar! So cute and creative! :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.