Tuesday, April 16, 2013

First time blogger




So here goes...my first blog post ever. I admit, I'm super late! So why start now? It's been almost a year since I got interested in paper crafting - card making to be more specific. I started following fellow crafters' blogs, recently learned about challenges, and was inspired to start my own. Not to mention, my younger brother (who is truly older) has been nudging me to start my own blog and I am finally convinced. 

I used to be afraid, and still am, that I wouldn't know how to blog, what to write about, didn't know if anyone would want to read what I wrote about. However, I've recently been following Paulina's blog (http://prettypinkposh.com) and she's written a series of posts called "Blogging 101." She draws upon her own experiences as a blogger and her posts, I thought, were so well written.Well, I guess she's another reason I start blogging now. 

I also learned how to add a signature using the following tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jyigw27mZk and http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/tutorials/how-to-add-a-signature-to-your-blog-posts-updated. Phew!!! It felt like a task but it's finally done! 

I don't have anything crafty to post right now since I just flew into Israel yesterday and am still jet-lagged and exhausted. However, I'll leave you with the amazing view I encountered while landing yesterday. 

Hopefully I'll have something crafty to share with you tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so excited that you enjoyed the Blogging 101 posts so far and it inspired you to start a blog! Great job on figuring out how to do a signature- a pretty one at that!

    One suggestion: since you have blogger, you may want to add a Google Friend Connect (it's a gadget), so people can easily follow all of your posts.

    Looking forward to seeing what your future blog post include! Thanks so much for sharing your blog link with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first comment!!! Woo-hoo!

      Thank you Paulina. It's real sweet of you to take the time to help me out. I'm going to look up how to add Google Friend Connect. Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. Lovely picture and I know you will have beautiful things to share. Thanks for including me in your blog link.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.