Saturday, April 20, 2013

For a special day



I'm baaaaaaaaaaack:) 

It's been a dreary day here - windy, rainy, gloomy skies, lightening and thunder. Those of you who know me, know that I tend to curl up on the couch and watch TV, lots and lots of TV. 
I did stay home but I was quite productive. I made some strawberry jam, cooked Pilpel Memule (bell peppers stuffed with rice - a Middle Eastern dish) and made a couple of cards. I'm proud of me!  

Here's the card I'm entering for the challenge over at The Play Date Cafe



cfc99

I'm also entering it over at CAS-ual Fridays.
Happy birthday in advance Michele. Next week is going to be fab:) 

I needed a lighter grey - this one's a bit dark and shows up even darker in the photo than it really is. Nonetheless, I love the way it turned out! And I love the colors. 


Now, to share some more of what I did today. 

Here are some photos of the strawberry jam. It's not at all hard to make. And oh, I couldn't find a jar so I put it into a glass container. Tastes yum!!!


 


And here are the stuffed bell peppers: 
Yummy:) 



post signature

6 comments:

  1. I love your CAS card design, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I love the white stamps on the pops of color. And your cooking looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthdays are always special days! Beautiful CAS card :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!! Jam looks yummy!!! Goodluck with your card entries!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and fun! Great card! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your food pictures are making me hungry...glad you could get some cooking in (yummy!). I like the movement you've created with the flowers in the three squares. With the bold colors, they are very striking! Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.