Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Inspired by..."Frosty the Snowman"


Yesterday evening, I was feeling tired and cold and my solution was to get tucked into a blanket on the sofa and watch TV - my solution to everything:) Oh how I love TV - best invention ever!!! Anyway, I watched Frosty the Snowman and couldn't help but think of making a winter card. Usually, my inspiration for making cards has been from other card makers. However, lately, I'm trying to draw inspiration from other places/things. Here's a photo of the movie poster for those who haven't watched the movie:

And here's the card that came to be: 


Lawn fawn 'frosty friends' stamp set, Penny Black 'Giving and Receiving' stamp set, PanArt Aqua watercolor pencils, diamon stickles, glossy accents


I thought of putting a pipe in his mouth and stamped it out on scratch paper: 

Oh it does look a bit funny, so I didn't quite bother to add it in. 

I think the card turned out to be adorable and I'm glad I stayed up late to complete this card. I'm entering this card into three challenges.
  •  Over at Less is Morethe challenge is to create a card inspired by a film. Not sure if it quite fits the criteria, since "Frosty the Snowman" was a short movie and my card is not as simple as I thought it would be, but nevertheless, I hope it qualifies. 
  • The second challenge is over Lawnscaping and the challenge theme is "inspired by." For me, older animated movies, shows, etc are always an inspiration.
  • I'm also entering this into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge - all that glitters. In this case, it's the snow back that's filled with sparkles:) 


My first time entering challenges via my blog - SOOOOOO EXCITING!!! 




post signature


8 comments:

  1. gilu this is so cute

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable!! That pipe is too funny! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great inspiration!! thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry this is such a late visit, but I have been cruising on the Rhine for a week and have just got back.
    It's a super card
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing to be inspired by, adorable card!

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute snowman..!! Love the pinky hat.. thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I'm always trying to look for new sources of inspiration, a movie poster is cool!

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.