Sunday, June 9, 2013

Congratulations in gold

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 

I wanted this post to go up earlier but we've been having internet issues. Paper Smooches Trend Watch had an amazing theme for their challenge this week - GOLD! The first thing I think of when I think of the color gold is BLING and I didn't want to make a card that was bling. After thinking and seeing the inspiration pictures, I thought I'd make something in gold, white and red. Here's the result: 


I just love the way the colors come together, don't you? I love the gold hexagon panel against the red hearts and the red hearts against the gold panel. Oh, I added Glossy Accents to the hearts but you can't really see them in the photo, so I tried to capture that by taking a sideways photo. Hope you can see the glossiness here:

Display our button

Thanks for stopping by:) 




post signature

2 comments:

  1. How ADORABLE!!! I just LOVE those cute little hearts! What a super take on the challenge! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! I just love the gold/red/white color combo! Beautiful gold panel-- LOVE! THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Trend Watch challenge! Hope you stop by and join in the fun this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.