Sunday, June 2, 2013

Fun and colorful

Hola! 

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Before I start this post, I would love to thank my brother for taking photos of my cards so they could look a bit more professional (unlike some of my previous ones!)

I made two cards and am loving the colors on both of them! I really enjoyed making them, thanks to the wonderful, inspirational pictures:) 

The first card was inspired by this photo for the "picture perfect" challenge over at Paper Smooches:

Display our button

This absolutely reminded me of the color wheel. So I thought along those lines and created a ring with various colored washi tape. I think the colors look great when put together: 



And on when layered onto a piece of cardstock, even better! I am loving this card! 




I am entering this card into the Paper Smooches challenge as well as the Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes. 

I decided to join the Avery Elle challenge since I finally own an Avery Elle stamp set (woo hoo!) Here's the picture used as inspiration: 


This looks like a perfect place to swim in! How gorgeous are the colors? I decided to use the colors to create the base of my card, along with some embossing. I then decided to add the sentiment "you rock" since there was a boat in the picture. And of course, the rope made me think of twine:) 

Here's my card: 
cfc103

I'm also entering this into the Simon Says "Anything Goes" Challenge and into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Oh, and also into the CAS on Sunday challenge.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by. 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are so cute! I love the blues that you chose in the second one and your Washi tape collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely swim in those colors! Love that sentiment too! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards!! Both are fabulous designs! Love all of the washi tapes!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Also, if you have time, please Make a Card for Maddy! And there is a fab Giveaway too!

    hugs...
    Melissa
    Simon Says DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards-- I esp. love that washi tape card! FUN use of the inspiration photo! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- hope you will play along this week with our GOLD trend watch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choice of color on your card...great job with your photo interpretation...thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! Love that washi tape circle and the white embossed sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.