Sunday, June 23, 2013

PS Cool Shades

I hope everyone had a good weekend. 

I wish I could create and post some of the challenges up earlier, but currently I'm struggling with finding time during the week. Hopefully that will change soon. 

Anyway, here's the card I made for the Paper Smooches Cool Shades challenge





The watercolor you see is actually on vellum. I used distress inks (Lemonade and Peacock Feathers) and allowed them to blend to form that green color in the center. The photo doesn't pick up on how gorgeous it looks against the white! 

Here were the colors that were used for the challenge:

Display our button

Thanks for stopping by. 




post signature

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful centrepiece on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Very Creative Card!! I like the FUN sprayed panel and I LOVE the take on the challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us over on the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge Blog and I hope you'll play along again this week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally gorgeous. Love the contrast to the cutesy image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! TOTALLY fun background! So glad you played along with us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH! I love that background-- you MUST share step-by-step on how you did that! AMAZING! LOVE that little chick:) Adorable card! THANKS so much for joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Cool Shades challenge-- hope you play along with our photo inspiration challenge this week <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.