Monday, July 8, 2013

Celebrate in red, blue and white

Hello! 

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a short while. But I am back now:) 

I hope everyone had a relaxing and fun long weekend. It's funny that I made a card for the 4th of July, but after-the-fact. LOL! Anyway, here it is: 



I've never made a 4th of July card before, but I love the colors on this card! I love the vellum jar, the white polka dots from Paper Smooches and the red on top of the blue:) I really didn't think I could pull it off. And guess what? This card was made in 9 min and 40 seconds. Not bad! I wanted to add a few more faux-stitching lines to the stars so that there would be 2-3 lines all the way to the center, but I ran out of time.  



Anyways, I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp challenge, the Paper Smooches Designer Sketch challenge and into the 10 Minutes Craft Dash

CD_21



Thanks for stopping by. 


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Darling card, Gilu! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors, and those stars in the mason jar so cute.
    Thanks for playing with us in the 10 minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the red, white & blue and your take on the sketch! It's fabulous!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!! Great layout.
    Thanks so much for joining in the with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!!
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!! that's an awesome card and only 9 mins!! Love those patriotic star wands :0)
    Thanks for playing along with us at PS Sparks :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stars in a jar take on this cute sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHH! I LOVE that you used stars for the pinwheels! What a great idea! FAB card:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS team!!! Hope you will play along this week for the Picture Perfect challenge:) I apologize for not leaving a comment sooner-- time flies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.